Search Our Blog

Friday, July 20, 2012

Banana Bread(s)

My new Cuisinart Hand Mixer from Derek. :)
'Tis lovely and works way better than my past mixers from Ocean State Job Lot.




Banana Bread

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 cup of butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup of brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/3 cups of mashed overripe bananas (I used 4)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp fresh nutmeg, grated 

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then coat a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, bananas, and vanilla then continue beating until well combined.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and fresh nutmeg together, mix well.
  4. Add the flour mixture into the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
  5. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and slather with butter. Enjoy!


P.S.

>> I have an awkward, shallow loaf pan that is 9 x 2.5"-- therefore, I had to keep an eye on the baking time.  For my 2 loaves, I baked them for 50 minutes each at 350 degrees F.

>>Since I split my batter in half to accommodate for my awkward^ pan, I added 1/3 cup blueberries and 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest to my 2nd batter before baking.


Batter #1

Batter #2



-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment