|recipe found here (add ~4 minutes to cooking time)|
Saturday, October 24, 2015
Sunday, October 18, 2015
Sunday, August 23, 2015
Easy Roasted Vegetables
- 1 summer squash, sliced 1/4-1/2" thick
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1/4-1/2" thick
- half a crown of broccoli, divided into pieces
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced in halves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add squash, zucchini, tomatoes, EVOO, garlic, and salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Toss to evenly coat.
- Pour ingredients onto a rimmed baking sheet, making sure that vegetables do not overlap. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip vegetables, and add broccoli, making sure that there is enough oil to coat broccoli. Bake for 15-20 more minutes.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Monday, July 27, 2015
Thursday, July 23, 2015
Watermelon Cosmo Punch
- 1 large, whole, seedless watermelon (makes about 8-9 cups of watermelon juice)
- 750ml non-flavored vodka
- 1 lime
- Slice the watermelon, and cube the red fruit (take out any stray, black seeds). Set fruit in bowl. Using a food processor, blender, or Nutribullet, puree the watermelon pieces in batches. Use a mesh strainer to separate the juice. Discard the foam and puree bits...you only want the juice!
- In a large pitcher, combine watermelon juice, vodka, and lime juice. Stir well. Refrigerate for over an hour. Serve cold and over ice.