|recipe found here|
4th of July Rice Krispies Treats
- 4.5 tablespoons butter
- 1 package mini marshmellows
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- food coloring (Betty Crocker's gel food colors)
- In a large sauce pan, melt 1.5 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat. Once the butter is melted, add 2 cups of the mini marshmellows until melted (stirring occasionally). Once the marshmellows are melted, add the gel food coloring (about 2 teaspoons blue). Stir until the color is uniform. Turn heat to low/simmer and add 2 cups of the cereal. Mix well and transfer to an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan lined with wax paper. Use wax paper to press down the cereal.
- Repeat with the next two layers (white, then red).
- Allow layers to set for 20 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.