Asian Beef & Veggie Stir-Fry
Adapted from food.com
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 cup water, plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound boneless round/chuck steak cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups veggie (broccoli florets or green beans)
- 1/4 cup shaved carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- cooked white rice
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth. Add beef and toss.
- In a small pot of boiling, salted water, add green veggie and cook for 2-3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove veggie from pot and place in ice bath. After a couple of minutes, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry onion in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add garlic for one more minute.
- Add beef, carrots, and green veggie to pan.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve over white rice.